Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thinking outside the box

When I was on the streets hustling in Queens, the people around me acted like it was the normal thing to do; as if I was destined to be a drug dealer; sort of like it was ordained by God. I sit down at times and my soul cries out when I think of the things I used to do and how I wasted so much valuable time in my life. I look at my rap sheet and a single tear drops on the recording of my criminal life. I think about the years wasted and what I could have become/should have become. Who I am now is sort of a contradiction because my past has shaped and molded me to be the person I am today. A good father, son, brother and friend. A great thinker, leader and most of all a caring and conscious human being. So I ask myself, was that time really a waste? I will let my actions answer that question.



Photobucket

Photobucket


What you have here will not be your typical blog, Now! I'm going against what those people around me thought was the norm with a positive twist. I call this the Blog-View. My account of daily encounters and interviews of sorts with men and women who have been incarcerated and released from prison, who have become what I call success stories. Who have defied the odds and societal labels. Those who have went up against the norm, both men and women. Welcome to - The Antiprisonmovement.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see a group like this thats out there , one that offers positive influence to the public.

    Stepping out of the old state of mind and into the new is step one but surrounding ourselves with people who can help take us to another level is just as important.

    If we dont know our rights then we wont have them, even if we are ready to make a new start. Excercising them and having confidence in a system that works is all good money.

    this is why I felt I wanted to join this group because the basic idea goes hand in hand with my company. we seek to educate the public and bring about change.

    The Public needs people who will speak up enough to add value and enrich lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete